At the local wine-tasting society funds are short. But it is 1978 and disco dancing is all the rage! In a sufdden flash of inspiration, the committee decides to hire Fabian Devine, resident DJ of the Kinks Discotheque to provide an evening’s fund-raising entertainment. But amongst the platform shoes and dodgy dance steps a local cub reporter is about to discover a wine that delivers a particularly severe type of hangover which requires sleeping off… permanently.Dramatic Personae
- Maximillian Gainford-Brown, Property developer, wine connoisseur and chairman. What is building in his mind?
- Jessica Gainford-Brown, the attention-seeking wife of Maximillian, but has she exposed herself too much?
- Fabian Devine, the exuberant colourful DJ. Our detective for the evening, can he dance his way out of trouble?
- Jonathan Richer, an ambitious lawyer. He is hoping to become the local M.P.—what’s stopping him?
- William Green, Garden centre owner who makes his own wine. But does he have something to hide?
- Amelia Phoebe-Wellborn, a frivolous filly with a flair for flamboyance.
- Thomas Allman, local builder and CB-radio enthusiast. Nobody has told him he is middle aged. What if he finds out?
- Rachael Hunter, ambitious cub reporter. Wants to launch her own celebrity gossip magazine. If only she had the scoop…